We are looking to hire a new Senior Marketing (Social) Executive to join our buzzing marketing team. If you think you fit the bill, or you know someone who does, please send your CV to Casey Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Powwownow Senior Marketing (Social) Executive Job Description
Start Date: ASAP
Via-Vox is looking for an experienced and motivated marketing professional to help lead its marketing activities on a day-to-day basis. Working in a fast-growing telecommunications company for a leading B2B brand the role will involve further raising the company profile, primarily in the UK market, through the delivery of effective integrated marketing communications campaigns.
Via-Vox Ltd was founded in the UK and has been operational for eight years. Turnover for 2011 was over £7m and the company employs approx 50 people based in Richmond and Manchester. The primary operations of Via-Vox are audio conference calls, web conferencing and video conferencing. The largest market is the UK where Via-Vox holds 3% market share of the unattended audio conference market. Significant overseas operations also exist in Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific region.
Via-Vox has three main conference call brands; Powwownow, AllConferenceCalls and All-Call plus a web conferencing brand; Yuuguu. Powwownow is the leading free conference call provider in the UK and was included in the 2011 Sunday Times Tech Track 100, the league table that ranks Britain’s 100 private tech companies with the fastest-growing sales over the last three years.
With quite a flat organisational hierarchy and a flexible approach to the workplace the company culture is laid back, entrepreneurial and social.
Reporting to the marketing manager, the role will involve using your current knowledge and experience to integrate PR and social media with the offline and online marketing programme which involves paid for media, e-marketing, website management, collateral, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
Working closely with marketing, sales and technical teams, the role will be responsible for strategic and creative input with the objective of improving the marketing performance and consequently Powwownow’s revenue. You will also mentor other members of the marketing team being directly responsible for driving a highly efficient, organised and motivated department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use PR and social media to help drive the execution of the marketing programme within budget and agreed timelines
- Maintain active understanding and awareness of issues, marketing objectives, technology and products
- Be responsible for online and digital communication channels including: website, email, blog, twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and video across the portfolio
- Manage day-to-day media contacts, including proactive off and online news generation and reactive media requests, maintaining high-profile influential relationships within the PR industry, national, media/advertising and business press
- Propose ideas (timing and content) and educate on broader marketplace to gain press coverage and fuel social media channels.
- Produce internal marketing and promotional materials including: presentations, reports, newsletters etc
- Lead market and product research: supporting product development and user proposition via client feedback, focus groups and surveys to help shape the product roadmap
- Profile users to help define strategies to manage conversion, reduce churn and maximise retention
- Identify key events and exhibitions for sponsorship and attendance
- Identify and develop partner and affiliate programmes
- Day-to-day mentoring of other members of the marketing team
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience in PR and/or Social Media
- Understanding of a broad channel mix (offline & online media, email, PPC, SEO, CRM, PR, social media)
- Experience in executing successful marketing plans
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior leads
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm
- Strict attention to detail and very organised
- Confidence in making decisions
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in B2B desirable
- An interest in technology