You’ve discovered the joys of conference calls, and you’re ready to take your first step towards completely streamlining your business meetings. Being new to the world of conference calling, you could be forgiven for feeling overwhelmed. Luckily, setting up a conference call couldn’t be simpler.
Simplicity is the name of the game, and we know you don’t have endless amounts of time to set up an account. So, to get started on Powwownow, follow these three easy steps:
1. Generate your PIN by typing in your email address and password.
2. Share with your fellow callers the time of your call, the Powwownow dial-in number (0844 4 73 73 73 for UK landline participants or 8 73 73 from a mobile) and your PIN.
3. At the agreed time all dial in and have a Powwownow!
What to Expect
Now that you know how to arrange a Powwownow conference call, you’ll probably want to know what to expect when you’re setting up the call. It’s time for that magic number again, as everything happens in three simple steps:
1. At your agreed time, all UK participants should call the dial-in number (0844 4 73 73 73, or UK mobiles can call 8 73 73 for 12.5 pence per minute + VAT). If you have international participants, please see our range of low cost international numbers here.
2. You’ll be prompted to tap in your PIN and state your name. Should you be the first person on the call, you’ll hear on-hold music. Otherwise, you’ll be introduced to the conversation with the other participants. As each person arrives, they will be announced.
3. Once the call is complete, all you need to do is hang up. Every time a participant leaves, their name and departure will be announced, so you’re always sure of a private line. Once every participant has hung up, the conference call will automatically disconnect.
You want to be master of all you do, and conference calling isn’t any different. When you host a Powwownow conference call, you’ll be able to utilise all of the keypad to control what happens on the line. Make a note of this handy guide for all of your command needs:
# = Skip Intro
This command helps to make the conference call even quicker by skipping name recording playback.
#6 = Mute
If you want to mute your handset during the call, simply type this command to ensure the other participants can’t hear your end of the line.
#1 = Head Count
To find out the exact number of participants on the call, type this command for a head count.
#2 = Roll Call
When you’re hosting large conference call meetings, you could easily forget who’s on the line. Keep track of your participants by typing this command and hearing a playback of every person on the call.
#3 = Lock
This command allows you to lock and unlock a conference call, meaning no one else can enter your call whilst you are in lock mode, making it extremely secure.
#8 = Record
There’s no better way of making a note of the call than recording everything that’s being said. To start recording, type the above command and confirm by selecting 1. Once you’re finished recording, either enter the command again, or hang up. To access your recordings simply visit your My Powwownow account area under Account/My Recordings.