Summer’s here and the school summer holidays are about to start, so that means the Smarter Working Initiative is around the corner and you can bet that we’ve got a lot happening that will be even bigger and better than last year.
Last year, we saw 120 businesses sign up with more than 100,000 employees working flexibly for the Smarter Working Initiative.
This year it’s on the first day of the UK school summer holidays again on Monday 24th July 2017 and regardless of whether it’s your first or second time, we’re looking forward to your involvement!
Here’s a bit about what’s happening:
Smarter Working Initiative Members Area
To make sure you’re in the best position to work flexibly, there’s now a Members Area on the Smarter Working Initiative website with guides, eBooks and top tips about flexible working for employers and employees! All you need to do is enter your registered email address to get access.
Not a member? That’s ok, you’ll find the sign up form on the same page, so once you sign up, you’ll get instant access as well!
See the Smarter Working Initiative’s Members Area here.
Pop up in Soho
To celebrate the day, we’ll be doing a pop up at St Anne’s Churchyard Gardens.
There will be free ice cream, branded portable chargers and inflatable furniture for you to enjoy – whether that’s for your break or to work from. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Partnerships – free coffee and access to shared workspaces!
To promote smarter ways of working, this year, The Smarter Working Initiative have teamed up with the best shared workspaces in London! On the day itself, on Monday 24th July 2017, you can get access to Timberyard, Haus and NearDesk locations!
- Timberyard coffee shop and work space – simply quote ‘Smarter Working Initiative’ to claim your free coffee and work from their Soho (4 Noel St, Soho, W1F 8GB) or Seven Dials (7 Upper St Martin’s Ln, WC2H 9DL) location
- Haus co-working space – simply quote ‘Smarter Working Initiative’ to claim access to their Covent Garden Location (61-65 Great Queen Street, WC2B 5BZ)
- NearDesk locations in London – to redeem access to any of the below locations, simply click this link
– Blackfriars Office, Blackfriars
– The Work Lounge, Brixton
– The Busworks, Caledonian Road
– Finsbury Business Centre, Clerkenwell
– Purple Patch, Clerkenwell
– Adam House, Covent Garden
– Davenport House, Crossharbour
– Greenhouse, Hackney
– HDH Coworking, Hampstead
– Un-Common, Islington
– Impact Hub, Kings Cross
– Kalbarri House, Plaistow
– Bishopsgate Financial, Shoreditch
– Launch 22, Shoreditch
– 639 Enterprise Centre, Tottenham
– THRDS Studio, Walthamstow
- NearDesk locations across London – to redeem access to any of the below locations, simply click this link
– The Soap Factory, Aberdeen
– Alloa Business Centre, Alloa
– DeskLodge Belvedere House, Basingstoke
– Eleven Brindleyplace, Birmingham
– Squab Hall, Bishop’s Tachbrook
– Dudley Court South, Brierley Hill
– DeskLodge, Bristol
– Engine Shed, Bristol
– My OutSpace Business Centre, Croyden
– No1 Business Centre, Gloucester
– The Meeting Venue, Grantham
– DeskLodge, Hemel Hempstead
– Park House, Horsham
– The Work Lounge, Letchworth
– Launch22, Liverpool
– Aura Business Centre, Manchester
– The Assembly, Manchester
– The Hive, Manchester
– MyWorkSpot, Maidenhead
– The Space, Norwich
– MinorOak, Nottingham
– The Workstead, Winchester
– Freedom Works, Worthing
#SmarterWorking social media competition
This year, we’ve got some great prizes up for grabs for those who enter our #SmarterWorking competition! All you need to do is post a picture of you flexible working on the Smarter Working Initiative day i.e. Monday 24th July 2017!
Here’s what you could win:
|1st Prize||3 month Pure Gym membership|
|2nd Prize||1 month free access to any NearDesk location|
|3rd Prize||50 Graze boxes|
|Runner ups||100x £5 Starbucks vouchers|
Find out more and how you can win here.